Followers

Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11 Happy Veteran's Day


With this day upon us, first THANK YOU!  to all past, present and any furture soldiers out there along with their families.  My grandfather was a WWII Vet - miss you Pampo, especially on this day. 

I wanted to share with you something which happend yesterday while driving to pick up our daughter from school.  As we were driving I happend to look to my left and with totally awe and amazement we saw, not 75 yards from the road a Bald Eagle - probably eating a fish since it was by a pond - just there!  I have seen Eagles in captivity before, but never, EVER in the wild!  It was the most beautiful thing ever!  Even as I write this I am still in total shock that we saw one so close, in its natural elements!  But to boot, I didn't have my camera and we were on a highway with other cars behind us (with some pulled over to look) so we could not pull over to just "stare"!  I count my blessings and mark this off my list - I saw a Bald Eagle in the wild!

Thank you for coming to my blog today and visiting!

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

Popped by to suggest YouTube for Maze Book tutorial, but if you have no luck, I'll happily cobble some instructions together for you, just say the word!
Amazing luck with the sighting of the eagle; just the sort of thing that you don't think to have on a bucket list but that really is a life highlight .marvellos!