Followers

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Beginning of Christmas cards

 I am a member of a crafting group who get together once or twice a month and stamp cards of various themes.  Within this group we have created numerous "mini" clubs involving various projects.  One of these clubs is the card swap. 

This months element was to use "mesh" of any kind.  At first I was thinking, screen mesh, wire mesh but it dawned on me and many of the others mesh could be made of many various materials.  I chose this cute kraft colored "mesh" ribbon I found at our local supercenter.

It is somewhat stiff so it takes a strong double sided sticky tape to adhere to your project, but I love the results.  I stamped a snowflake on off white paper, edged with a green color and highlighted the points with a clear Stardust pen.  If you have not tried these, they are a must for us crafters.  They add just the right amount of "bling" to your project!

I made a pinwheel flower, added a gemstone to the center and a wood button to the center of the snowflake.


Here is a closer side view of the snowflake and the pinwheel flower.  I used pop-up dots to give dimension to the snowflake!

Simple!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my blog and crafting projects!

Comments always welcome!
Blessings,

No comments: