Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Paper Mache Cupcake alteration


I found this paper mache cupcake at Joann's and decided it would be a great little project for our alteration group. I covered the base and top with geometical tissue paper and then painted the edge with white water base paint. I painted the top with some glue so that I could sprinkle sparkle glitter. This gave me the roughness I needed to have the "dripping icing" stick to the top. The icing is made with white paint with glossy mixed media to create the shiny. It is mixed together to the consistency of thinned icing. I used a popsicle stick to pour my icing on top and allowed it to "drip" over the edges. I sprinkled a little more glitter while the icing was wet. My little flowers are punched with a mini flower punch and made into mini rosed adhered to the sides with a glue dot. The top rose, made to resemble a cherry on top is made from grossgrain ribbon using the cross over technique and a piece of tan or natural hemp string for the stem.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog.  As always, comments welcome!

No comments: