Followers

Friday, January 6, 2012

Decoupage Mini notebook

Hi and thanks for joining in on the Decoupage challenge from http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com/

Today I have for you a mini notebook decoupaged with homemade paper from a local paper company which contains the lilac flowers you see in the background.  I brushed my adhesive medium with a sponge applicator allowing to completely dry, then I applied my paper while smoothing out any bubbles which may have appeared.  I sponged the edge of the mini book with antiquing stain, applied my edge made with a MS punch front and back, then finished it off by stamping my sentiment.  Flowers were made with a scalloped punch and twirl cut.  A guilling needle was used to circle my paper to create my desired shape for the flower.  The background "leaves" are scraps I had from another project.

I truly love how this came out.  It was simple, looks elegant and would make a wonderful gift for someone special!
Thanks again for stopping by and visiting my blog.  Happy comments are welcome!





3 comments:

Gill McCall said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR - this is such a fabby project to launch the new challenge with. Thank you for agreeing to be in the team for 2012

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful project Naomi, love the handmade paper and all the embellishments:)
Val x

LisaG said...

Fantastic notebook Naomi!

I know decoupage as using one image and layering certain elements on it to provide a raised effect, using either 3D foam or glue gel. So it's lovely to see the more traditional and original interpretation of decoupage.

It's beautiful!

Well done and welcome to the team!

Lisa xx